Charlestown Conservation Commission Mission Statement
The Charlestown Conservation Commission's mission is the preservation and protection of Charlestown's natural resources, through planning, promoting and education to assist other town boards in conservation matters.
Charlestown Conservation Commission purpose statement
- Support and advise the Board of Selectmen, the Town Planning Board and Zoning Board regarding conservation issues.
- Protect Charlestown's natural resources. Protect wetlands, forested land, farmlands, open space, and wildlife habitats.
- Review all Dredge and Fill Permits.
- Manage the Town Forests: Reservoir Lot Forest, Halls Pond Forest, Sam’s Hill Forest.
- Oversee LCIP conservation easements
- Maintain town trails
- Coordinate Greenup Day – first Saturday of May.
- Coordinate Adopt-a-Highway cleans up days: Route 12 from Walpole town line to the junction of Lover’s Lane Road.
|Richard Holmes||Chair (2020)|
|Richard Lincourt||Member (2020)|
|Ruth Pratt||Member (2019)|
|Sue Forcier||Member (2020)|
|James Fowler||Secretary (2019)|
|Gabriel Bailey||Member 2021|