To: All Fire Permit Holders & Enforcement Officers
From: New Hampshire State Forest Fire Warden for Charlestown
Subject: Fire Danger Classifications – Guide Lines for the Town of Charlestown, NH
|Class I Day – Low Fire Danger||LOW|
|Class II Day – Moderate Fire Danger||MODERATE|
|Class III Day – High Fire Danger||HIGH|
|Class IV Day – Very High Fire Danger||VERY HIGH|
|Class V Day – Extreme Fire Danger||EXTREME|
|Red Flag Day – Danger of Flash Fires||RED FLAGS|
- Category I – Cook Fire not to exceed 2 feet in Diameter, Contained in steel or masonry ring.
- Category II – Camp Fire not to exceed 4 feet in Diameter, to be kindled after 5:00pm and extinguished before 9:00am, unless raining.
- Category III – Fires larger than 4 feet in Diameter, to be kindled after 5:00pm and extinguished before 9:00am, unless raining.
- Category I & II Fires may be kindled during Class I, II, and III Days.
- Category III Fires may not be kindled on Class III, IV, and V days or during Red Flag days.
No fires may be kindled on Class IV and Class V days, or on Red Flag days…Due to the Severe Fire Danger…
January 1, 2016