Planning and Zoning Administrator
The Town of Charlestown seeks a self-motivated Planning and Zoning Administrator.
The Planning and Zoning Administrator acts as the primary liaison between the general public, applicants and the Planning/Zoning Boards. The Planning/Zoning Administrator enforces all Planning and Zoning regulations as directed by the Boards and addresses complaints from the public, acts as the primary liaison with legal counsel and coordinates in all matters to ensure the Town is properly represented. The Planning and Zoning Administrator assists in updating ordinances and regulations and performs all other duties as assigned by the Planning, Zoning, and Selectboard.
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of local government in New Hampshire and the ability to plan, organize and coordinate a broad range of functions. Previous experience is highly desirable. For a full job description please see the document posted above.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume & completed application to:
Charlestown Town Office
Human Resources Department
PO Box 385
Charlestown NH 03603
An application may be found at the Town Office 233 Main St.
Position open until filled
Part Time Pool Life Guard/Manager
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, Working knowledge of pool maintenance and willingness to attend training, Valid Drivers License, First Aid/CPR & Life Guard Certification, and a Background Check.
Accountability: The Life Guard/Manager is under the direct supervision of the Recreation Committee and is to address any concerns, problems, and complaints directly the committee. Attend (1) one Selectboard meeting per month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform responsible work and provide leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of the pool and pool programs for the community.
- Work harmoniously with the public, public agencies, and their staff, the media and private organizations. Prepare news releases, information and marketing bulletins and use of social media.
- Exercise discretion within established guidelines in administering program goals.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, scheduling, and training of life guards that vary yearly in numbers and composition. This includes making sure all personnel have a criminal background completed.
- To make routine check-ups of chemical procedures and readings to ensure that said facility is maintained at a standard that is acceptable to the State, Committee, and the Selectboard.
- Address and attempt to resolve any personnel, public, equipment, and facilities problems and report to the Committee.
- Manages annual budget and purchases of supplies and operating inventory for pool. This includes submitting invoices to be paid and collection of fees.
- Maintaining equipment and inventory of supplies
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in recreation programs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is a similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise life guards
- Create a schedule for the life guards, inform Committee what days no Manager so a members can stop by to check on daily activities.
- Keep records in order, daily log sheets, cash out sheets, chemical testing records & time sheets
- Work with Accounts Payable to insure all pool expenses are paid and coded correctly
- Order supplies from the Selectman’s office
- Work closely with the Recreation Committee to make sure pool stays within budget numbers.
Also hiring Lifeguards - Reimbursement available for certification.
The Town of Charlestown, NH seeks an individual to fill the position of Recording Secretary for the Select board as well as Planning Board. This part-time position attends and takes minutes of all Select board & Planning board meetings and produces and delivers meeting minutes within legal time frames. Knowledge of how to take and prepare minutes and the ability to attend multiple night meetings in a week and each month is required. Experience in a municipal building or office preferred. Must be a high school graduate and have any combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Solid Water Truck Driver
The Charlestown Transfer Station is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Solid Waste Truck Driver / CDL Class A. This position is part-time (20-30 hours/week) reporting directly to the Highway Superintendent.
Strong candidates must have the ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner, along with the demonstration of solid moral characteristics of being a conscientious, honest, energetic and dependable employee while maintaining a safe workplace.
Duties will include, but are not limited to: Operating vehicles to collect and transport solid waste materials for disposal and other duties as assigned.
Candidate met be able to understand and follow oral and written directives.
- The successful applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Possession of a NH Class - A CDL is REQUIRED.
- Will be subject to a drug/alcohol screening.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, plus any combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skill, and ability.
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit to Charlestown Town Office - Human Resources Department PO Box 385, Charlestown NH 03603. An application may be found here or at the Town Office, 233 Main St.
Permanent Part-time Opportunity
Town of Charlestown
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Office Clerk
The office is responsible for real estate, water/sewer collections, vital records, elections, motor vehicle registrations and dog licensing as well as other various duties.
The successful candidate must be willing to attend workshops and training programs and fulfill the following job requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional and positive attitude
Please send resume & application by 05/06/2019: (applications may be obtained in office or website)
PO Box 834
Charlestown, NH 03603
Charlestown is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Charlestown Police Department is now accepting applications for the positions of
- Part-Time Police Officer
- Part-Time Dispatcher
Minimum qualifications for Police Officer Positions include:
- United States citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age and have the ability to pass written, physical agility, polygraph, psychological, and an extensive background check.
Part-Time Dispatchers minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be an effective communicator, multitasker, and pass an extensive background check.
Applications can be found at www.charlestown-nh.gov. Please submit an application, cover letter and resume to
The Charlestown Police Department
PO Box 1465
Charlestown, N.H. 03603
attention Chief Patrick Connors.
They may also be emailed to Chief Connors.
Positions will be open until filled.
The Town of Charlestown prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status.
The Town of Charlestown is an equal opportunity employer.